Since the pandemic, the way companies work has changed significantly. Remote working has developed, members of the same team are geographically dispersed and work in different places, and it is common to call on external service providers such as freelancers.
To facilitate collaboration in these conditions, it is imperative to use collaborative tools that bring together all the features that are essential to the smooth running of a team: instant messaging, audio and video calls, task management, shared calendar, etc.
And because the protection and security of your data are essential, you must ensure that the digital solutions you use host your data in France or Europe.
To help you choose your collaboration tools, here is a comparison of the 10 best European collaboration platforms.
1. Wimi, a secure and 100% French collaborative suite
Wimi is a sovereign collaborative platform that allows your teams to work, exchange and share information in a secure environment. As a 100% French company, Wimi is not subject to extraterritorial laws (Cloud Act, Patriot Act, etc.) and the hosting of your data is entrusted to a French host physically located in France. The software brings together all the tools your employees need to be productive on a daily basis and to effectively manage their projects. Finally, Wimi is one of the first collaborative suites to be SecNumCloud qualified.
The Ministry of Ecological Transition, the Musée d’Orsay and Sephora are some of its customers.
- An organisation structured in workspaces.
- Discussion channels, instant messaging and an audio and video call system to facilitate exchanges.
- Document sharing, shared calendars and a task manager to manage your projects efficiently
- A reporting tool to measure the performance of your employees and monitor the progress of your projects.
- Access rights management to control who can access your data.
- Integration with your favourite applications and tools.
- Paid offers from €3 per user per month. Decreasing prices depending on the number of users.
- Special offers for students and associations.
- Free 14-day trial.
2. LumApps, a SaaS platform to connect your employees
No matter where you work, LumApps gives you easy access to the tools, people and information you need to be productive and efficient every day. Accessible via the Internet or a mobile application, this French solution offers you a digital workspace that can be customised in your company’s colours. With LumApps, you foster team collaboration and engage your employees through personalised internal communication.
LumApps customers include Japan Airlines, Airbus and Electronic Arts.
- Full customisation of the platform to your image.
- Easy access to the tools and information you need to be more productive.
- Integration with your favourite tools and applications, and the ability to create your own integrations.
- Translation into multiple languages.
- Partnership with Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
- Does not offer a free trial.
- When connected to Google Workspace or Microsoft 365, your data is subject to Cloud Act.
- Prices are on request.
3. Jalios, a unified collaborative solution
Jalios is a French publisher that offers a collaborative intranet and digital workplace solution to improve collaboration within organisations of all sizes. With Jalios, your employees have access to an all-in-one platform where they can easily find all the tools, applications and documents they use every day. This collaborative solution fosters communication and exchange, develops employee commitment and encourages knowledge sharing.
Jalios’ customers include the Île de France regional council, Air Tahiti and Keolis.
- The creation of multiple collaborative spaces.
- Productivity tools for better collaboration (calendar, event planner, resource and task manager, directory, organisation chart, etc.).
- Features for better communication (blog, conversations, comments, surveys, etc.).
- Controlled access for external people.
- Partnership with Microsoft 365 and Google
- If you use Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace, your data will be subject to Cloud Act.
- Packages from €5 per month per user.
- Special offers dedicated to federations, NGOs and public structures.
- Free 30-day trial.
4. Talkspirit, an all-in-one platform made in France
Talkspirit is a 100% French all-in-one collaborative tool that hosts your data in Europe. Its objective is to promote collaboration between employees, whether they are on site or remotely. To do this, Talkspirit boosts interactions, facilitates the sharing and circulation of information, and improves internal communication. This collaborative solution also contributes to reinforcing the cohesion and commitment of employees via multiple features that meet the different needs of companies.
Talkspirit’s clients include Eckès Granini, Traiteurs de France and Avignon Tourisme.
- Customisation of the platform to your company’s image.
- Various tools to facilitate communication (chat, videoconferencing, news feed, thematic groups, etc.).
- Project and task management, a shared calendar and document co-editing to collaborate effectively.
- A survey system to collect feedback.
- Translation into 8 languages for international teams.
- Talkspirit is a collaborative tool that is better suited to SMEs than to large companies.
- Paid packages from 5 € per month and per user.
- Preferential conditions for associations, schools and universities.
- Free 15-day trial period.
5. Whaller, a simple and complete collaborative platform
Whaller is a French company that offers a collaborative tool to help companies accelerate their digital transformation while maintaining their focus and creativity. For Whaller, security is a priority. The company is therefore committed to SecNumCloud qualification. This collaborative platform helps foster teamwork and internal and external communication in organisations of all sizes with a comprehensive toolkit.
Among the companies that rely on Whaller are Carrefour market, the French Ministry of Defence and Sciences Po.
- Organisation of workspaces into spheres.
- Creation, sharing and co-editing of documents using an integrated office suite.
- Essential tools to collaborate and monitor the progress of your projects.
- A rewards system and a virtual shop to thank and motivate your employees.
- Integration with many applications including Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace.
The lack of usability is one of Whaller’s weaknesses.
- Packages from €3 per user per month.
- A standard version is free.
- Specific offers for education-related structures.
6. Jamespot, a tool that promotes collective intelligence
In order to make your organisation more efficient and collaborative, the French software publisher Jamespot offers you to build your own collaborative platform. This tool is completely modular and can be adapted to your needs and to the evolution of your company. Whatever your collaboration and internal communication challenges, Jamespot has the right business application that will help you improve the productivity of your teams.
Jamespot’s clients include the Renault Group, Apec and the French Health Insurance.
- A modular tool with four independent and complementary products to choose from according to your needs.
- Easier internal communication with the creation of discussion groups, information sharing, surveys and activity flows.
- Better collaboration with document co-editing, a calendar and a videoconferencing tool.
- Your data is hosted in France.
- The price of the packages does not include the monthly cost of the platform and the cost of certain applications.
- Different solutions from €4 per user per month.
- Special rates for associations and companies in the field of education.
- 30-day free trial.
7. ONLYOFFICE, secure office applications
In order to improve collaboration and facilitate teamwork, ONLYOFFICE offers an online office suite to work securely on all your documents. This collaborative tool, created by Latvian IT company Ascensio System SIA, allows you to easily manage and share your files, plan your tasks and communicate with your team, clients and partners. You can choose between an online collaborative document editor or a complete productivity suite to manage all your tasks.
ONLYOFFICE customers include the French Red Cross, Fujitsu and Deloitte.
- Creation and co-editing of all types of documents.
- Compatibility with MS Office documents.
- Tools to plan your tasks and manage your projects efficiently.
- A monitoring tool to evaluate the performance of your team.
- Integration with all the tools and applications you already use.
- No help resources in French, they are all in English.
- A basic version is free for up to 5 users.
- Business package from €5 per month per user in the cloud version.
- Free for schools and non-profit organisations.
- Free 30-day trial.
8. MeisterTask, a solution to manage your tasks efficiently
MeisterTask is an Austrian collaborative tool that allows you to visualise all your tasks and thus follow the progress of your projects, from their conception to their delivery to the client. This platform works with the Kanban method, which allows you to know at a glance the status of the different tasks to be accomplished (to do / in progress / finished). A checklist, a calendar, notifications, the creation of user groups, the addition of comments, etc., you have all the tools you need to work efficiently in a team.
Ritter Sport and Allianz are just some of the companies that rely on MeisterTask.
- Timeline function inspired by the Gantt chart.
- Automation of repetitive and recurring tasks.
- A tracking tool to measure your team’s productivity.
- A centralised communication platform.
- Data hosting in the European Union (Germany).
- More suitable for small teams.
- Packages from €8.25 per month.
- A basic version is free.
- Special rates for students and teachers.
- Klaxoon, a French platform that revolutionises meetings
Meetings can be unproductive and time consuming. With Klaxoon, you can organise dynamic workshops with your team or clients, wherever they are, on site or remotely. This workshop platform provides you with all the tools you need to share your ideas and be more efficient on a daily basis: interactive presentation, virtual whiteboard, integrated video conference, quiz, automatic reporting, etc. With Klaxoon, your meetings are more productive and your projects move forward more quickly.
9. Klaxoon’s clients include L’Oréal, Coca Cola and Toyota.
- A virtual whiteboard to communicate and share your ideas live.
- Real-time meeting facilitation with polls, quizzes, challenges, etc.
- Collect feedback from your employees.
- A visual news feed to keep you informed of team activity.
- Integration with your favourite tools and applications.
- Please note that the data is hosted in Europe or the United States.
- A free version.
- Offers from €14 per month per user.
10. Happeo, a single platform for three collaborative tools
With Happeo, your company uses a single platform to centralise information and bring together all the tools your employees need to work together better. This collaborative suite brings together three essential tools to facilitate collaboration: an intranet, a corporate social network and a collaboration tool. With Happeo, you optimise your communication, boost productivity and engage your employees, wherever they are. In terms of security, your data is hosted on European territory (Finland and the Netherlands).
Companies that trust Happeo include Décathlon, Chantelle and Doctolib.
- A personalised news feed and a customisable homepage.
- Creation of communities to foster dynamic collaboration.
- Integration with all your favourite tools for greater efficiency.
- Multi-language translation for international companies.
- Collaboration with Google Workspace.
- Please note that data stored in Google Cloud is subject to the Cloud Act.
- Rates are only available on request.
Collaborative tools are essential to make your teams more productive. Choose European solutions that guarantee that your data is hosted in Europe, and is not subject to the Cloud Act. Finally, don’t hesitate to ask for a free demonstration and/or to test the tool for free before committing yourself. This way, you can be sure that it will meet your needs and suit your employees.